This Support Policy describes how we provide our support service to you after your purchase.
This Support Policy can be changed through time, so you should check this page from time to time for any possible changes that have been made. Any major changes will be covered in our blog.
This Support Policy is effective from November 7th, 2016.
1. Support time
We have diversified customers coming from different areas: Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia. Though it’s hard to satisfy all of the customers in different time zones, we’re trying our best to offer the most convenient time that works for the majority.
Working days are generally Monday – Friday (excluding holidays). Also, we are located in Canada (Eastern Standard Time) so please be aware of any time difference.
Of course, we always want to provide our support to you as quickly as possible. However, we understand that, to achieve that goal, we also need to balance our work and life. Usually, your case should be answered within 48 hours, but it may take more time in weekends.
Hope that you can understand our situation and please be patient during busy periods.
2. Support Definition
Our support service covers three main items: pre-sale questions, themes/extensions bugs and refund requirements. Below is the definition for each one:
2.1. Pre-sale questions
Can be considered as the most commonly asked questions before purchasing. They are customers’ doubts and queries about their own interested products:
We can divide these questions into three groups as below:
- Questions about themes’ features
- Questions about after sale support service
- Questions about relevant issues such as: offered discount, ownership, availability, customizable or not, affiliate program.
2.2. Themes & extensions bugs
Can be considered as problems customers have met while using the products:
- Bugs that have already existed in the products. Customers notice these bugs because the features don’t work.
- Bugs caused by external factors such as conflict with other 3rd party plugins, conflict with WordPress latest version.
2.3. Refund requirements
Please refer to our store policy for refunds. If you are a marketplace member and have purchased our products through a marketplace you will need review the refund policy of your marketplace for information on how to submit a refund.
3. What is the scope of Support?
Support focus on topics like installation and configuration of the theme, usage of theme features and potential bug fixes. Support will not be provided when you want to modify the theme to suit your specific needs or when you want feature ‘X’ to be integrated with the theme.
We offer support for the following, regarding to the Support Items in section 1:
- Any WordPress compatibility error arising from a fresh product install.
- Help with functionality of our products, which is not specified in our documentation.
- Issues with theme setup.
- Functionality which does not work as advertised into the product’s description.
- Supporting one domain at a time.
4. What is the meaning of “out-of-scope”?
- Customization services or any other custom work beyond 1 – 2 mins.
- Change the default workflow of the themes.
- In-depth theme customization.
- HTML customization/template code changes.
- Adding functionality which was not advertised and is not installed by default with the product(s).
- Any broken styling as a result of theme customization.
- Compatibility with 3rd party plugins.
- The loss of changes due to not backing up your site prior to running a product(s) update.
- HTML, JS, PHP, CSS basics.
- WordPress installation and / or administration.
- Server diagnostics, maintenance or any other server related service. The Customers need to solve this problem first with their hosting provider before requesting a support case.
- Third party plugins, extensions or any other third party software.
- Themes are tested with Google Chrome, Firefox, IE9+ and iOS Safari. We do not guarantee the compatibility with other browsers.
5. What is modification support?
- If you are requesting modification help, which only requires us to publish 2 / 3 lines of code, we will be glad to assist you. However, if your request requires custom queries, testing, or several lines of code to be published, we can only provide very basic guidance and you would then need to hire an external developer of your choice if you don’t have the skills to implement it yourself.
- You can also submit a request for customization work through Micro Themes’ project request form.
6. Support Schedule
6.1. When We Are Available
- The Support Channel will be checked continuously everyday on weekdays, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 11am and 5pm , and will be replied to in the order received. On special occasions or on weekends, support may be provided after hours, but please do not expect a quick response as our employees may not available during those times or days.
6.2. When Support is NOT Available
- We may not respond or delay respond to any support questions left in the wrong sections of the Support Channel. Due to the volume of support requests, it is too difficult and inefficient for us to keep up and manage support requests if it is posted in the incorrect section. So please choose a correct section in the Support Channel to get a response from our customer service representatives.
- We don’t provide support if we validate that the licence key has been removed from your account. If you are a marketplace member you can validate your purchase through our purchase code validator tool to gain access to our support forums.
- We don’t provide support if your site is under too many code customizations resulting in unexpected errors. Please revert the code changes or you can consult a developer to ask for help.
7. Before Asking Questions
Read the product(s) documentation before asking any question(s). The documentation covers the most important steps required to install the product as advertised. Most of the questions can be answered by simply re-reading the documentation.
If the documentation does not provide the answer to your question, feel free to send us your question(s) at http://www.microthemes.ca/sales-support/ then choose a specific section (Refund Request or Technical Issues). Also, please note that by choosing a suitable section for your question will help fasten the support and please be polite and provide as much information as possible in a concise manner.
8. How to Get Support
- Visit http://www.microthemes.ca/sales-support/ to submit any questions.
- Choose Technical Issues: If you’re already a customer, the fastest way to get help is through our support ticketing.
- Choose Refund Request: If you have a refund request. Review our store policy.
- We recommend you describe your issues/bugs under structural contents of the Support form. If you put your contents with tons of words under a non-structural way, the team members might take more time to review and give their feedback.
- We recommend you capture some screenshots that describe your issue/bugs.
- We recommend you keep your content short and precise in order to get the feedback quickly.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for a Micro Themes team member to contact you. If you do not receive a response after this time, feel free to send a new request.
- If you have pre-sale questions use our pre-sale form to submit your questions.
9. Bug Fixes
- All bugs reported by customers will be reviewed by our developers for confirmation within 48 hours. After confirmation a patch will be released by Micro Themes within 2 business days.
10. Refund Policy
Please refer to our store policy for refunds.
Micro Themes has the right to revoke your access to the support area in the event of abuse towards support staff and/or other users, including, but not limited to:
- Use of profanity of any kind.
- Defamation of character.
- Spamming of any kind.
- Misuse of support tickets or threats for self promotion.
- Constantly re-posting identical messages in multiple tickets or threads or emails.